Thursday, April 4, 2019
Kuykendall 101 Auditorium
Office of Faculty Development &
Center for Teaching Excellence
Guiding Principles for Preparing PowerPoint Presentations
Graphic Media Design
Center for Instructional Support
A workshop designed to provide some guiding principles to improve your PowerPoint presentations.
Among the topics to be discussed:
• Basic “slide" parameters, including use of “safe zones”
• Content editing
• Utilizing templates and master slides
• Typography, including Hawaiian typography
• Effective use of color
• Charts, graphs, photographs and illustrations, including the use of UH/UHM logos and trademarks
The workshop will also include:
• Discussion on the effects of various projection systems and presentation aspect ratios
• Effects of different lighting conditions on Powerpoint presentations
• Powerpoint “bells and whistles,” including the use of builds and transitions, audio and video files
• Web resources
• Question and answer session
* Laptops or other mobile devices not needed to attend.
Please register as space is limited.