Friday, January 29, 2021
11:30am - 12:45pm
Amongst its many duties, the Oral Communication (OC) Board determines whether submitted UHM course proposals meet the requirements to receive an “O” designation, meaning that undergraduate students who enroll in approved course are able to attain the necessary oral focus credits for graduation.
When applying for an “O” designation, instructors are required to submit a rubric to be used to assess students’ oral abilities during class.
This workshop addresses three key topics regarding rubric development:
• Dustin Crowther, Assistant Professor, Department of Second Language Studies
• Leilani Dawson, Librarian and Department Chair, Manuscripts Collection, Library Services
• Yao Hill, Faculty Specialist, Assessment and Curriculum Support Center
• Amy McKee, Transfer Specialist, Manoa Transfer Coordination Center
• Jamie Simpson Steele, Associate Professor, College of Education
• Jaymian Urashima, Instructor, Department of Communicology